Welcome to the three-day roundup …
Weekend Edition (August 5, 6, 7) of Clicks of the Day!
(I only do one Clicks of the Day post for the weekends so that I can actually have a weekend, lol. And amount of content will fluctuate depending on how much of a weekend I actaully have!)
- Verizon Unions Go On Strike Over Contract
- The Latest Apple Rumors
- 6 Companies With Awesome Employee Perks
- Groupon has 115 Million Subscribers
- The World Wide Web celebrating 20 years – one GigaByte at a time
- One-Third of Americans Would Choose Cellphones over Sex
- Every inch counts: Manhattan architect downsizes to 78-square-foot apartment
- Animal rescue group reunites lost tornado cat with owner
- Casual smoking rises among U.S. students
- [Photos]: James Mollison’s Photos of Children’s Bedrooms are a Commentary on Class and Poverty
- [Video]: German Driver Sets New Parallel Parking World Record
- The Quidditch World Cup is an event you do NOT want to miss
- Scientists Successful In Creating Sperm via Stem Cells
- United States loses AAA credit rating
- London wakes up to aftermath of worst riots in years
- NATO investigates deadly Afghan helicopter crash
- The Oceans’ Oddest Creatures and Why They Matter
- [Photo]: Taber man’s cloud photo garnering international attention
- [Infographic]: Back-to-School Shopping or Back-to-School Waste?
- [Infographic]: Social Networking Addicts compared to Zombies
- eBay now has a section for the most re-tweeted and liked products on its site
- The 12 most annoying workplace habits
- RTNDA appoints first digital news chair
- The Mystery of the Missing Fingerprints
- Con artists flock to smartphones, eavesdropping on calls and logging texts as attacks spread
- Meet the 99-year-old video game master
- Woman offers $5,000 reward for missing cat
- The United States of conspiracy: Why, more and more, Americans cling to crazy theories
- Meet The “Luckiest” Woman In The World
- Zoo owner as brave as his lions… he will live with beasts in cage for FIVE weeks
Strike, strike, strike. At least Canadians won’t be affected lol.
Which do you believe? A touchscreen on the front and back side is a little weird…. lol – and the future of charging your iPhone is a little odd too.
Really… really awesome perks. For example – though not like this could ever be implemented in Edmonton but – “If it snows 2 feet or more, the office is closed for employees to go snowboarding” LOL
Tons of subscribers aside – how many are actually buying deals? I have bought two Groupons since it began and it’s been months since the last purchase!
Oh, the web. I can’t believe it’s only been 20 years. There has been so many advancements and the impact – the massive impact the web has had on our entire world – crazy. I couldn’t live without it and I bet you couldn’t either!
Lol, which would you choose?
What an idiotic investment.
Ah, I read this on Saturday – also known as Caturday – so it was a very happy Caturday! :)
Hard to imagine more people are smoking even though you never even see cigarettes in stores anymore (at least here in Edmonton) and I feel the dangers of smoking have been pounded into everyone’s heads so much for as long as I can remember.
Crazy differences from class to country…
A real life Quidditch World Cup taking place in New York in November!! SWEET.
Lol. Mike says men are now no longer needed in this world.
This feels like old news now since it broke on Friday but my first response was “going from AAA to AA+ really doesn’t seem that bad.” If everyone got AA+ ratings in school, everyone would be extremely happy, would they now? Lol but I suppose this is a different rating scale. Anyway, we can lead into this more detailed, related click now:
Why do people riot…
So sad. Not to sound like the weird girl from Mean Girls, who said she just wishes everyone could be like rainbow and butterflies (or however that phrase goes) – but I wish everyone could just be happy and not try and kill one another.
Always in awe of the world and its creatures.
Wowwwww. An incredible photo.
Back to school items are such a waste of money! I can’t believe how much my mom used to spend on me when we went back to school shopping. Then as I got older I started buying less and less! As it should be.
Lol. True enough!
Pretty cool function!
Lol the bare feet one is really weird – who walks around at work in bare feet? But yes, these 12 are pretty annoying habits.
Congrats to Global’s Andrew Lundy! #DigitalFuture
Weird! “An extremely rare condition known as “adermatoglyphia” dubbed the ‘immigration delay disease’ because sufferers have such a hard time entering foreign countries. In addition to smooth fingertips, they also produce less hand sweat than the average person.”
*pats my iPhone* Except Mike has a smartphone so this does slightly appear to affect me. DANG HACKERS.
So crazy. Would you offer that much for your missing pet?!
I still believe 9/11 was planned – the evidence is freaking ridiculous! I don’t care what people say! I also believe in the Japan tsunami conspiracy. I also believe in Aliens. I believe in many things… and apparently so do some Americans, lol. #NOTALONE Is it paranoia or are we just more open-minded and intelligent? HM? lol.
Lucky indeed. I’m very jealous…
Thor Photo of the Day:
Have your say on some of these Clicks of the Day’s!
Leave a comment!