- Is it time to log off from the PC?
What do you think? Are PCs dead? I don’t have one… but an iMac serves the same function as a PC. But I also have a Macbook Pro, iPad, and iPhone – which can all essentially do the same thing, lol. It’s always nice to have a stable non-portable system you can depend on though, even if you don’t use it as much, I think!
- Germany marks 50 years since Berlin Wall
Sad day (and subsequent days) since/after the wall was built. Glad it was torn down during the year I was born though – good luck? :D
- International Left-Handers’ Day celebrated around the world
Happy International Left Handers Day to all lefties out there! I myself am a rightie.
- Court releases tapes of Jeffs instructing girls he took as wives
DISGUSTING. So. disgusting.
- Online scammers get smarter
Or people are getting dumber. “Consumers are still falling for scams where they are promised rewards to help someone transfer money.” WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL FALLING FOR THIS? Come on people.
- Ottawa workers win lottery after some are laid off
Really, really lucky people!
- New book explores the cause of happiness in Canadians
I believe that money does contribute GREATLY to happiness. I REALLY DO. Because if I had enough money to pay off bills, to go out for dinner, to go to festivals or other special events, to purchase the video camera that I really want in order to pursue a videography/editing career on the side, ETCTERA, then my mood and therefore happiness would increase, would it not?
- [Infographic]: Computer Vision Syndrome: Do Your Eyes Have it?
I’m SURE I have this syndrome. Some good tips in this infographic to help offset it…
- [Photos]: Detailed renderings revealed: Apple’s Flying Saucer HQ
So cool! And God-like. lol
- Starbucks Card Guy Solicits $8,700 in Coffees for Strangers
This was such a cool social media experiment!
- Casey Anthony Must Leave Hiding, Return for Florida Probation by Aug. 26
- Japanese girl’s incredible ‘levitation’ photos
Really cool photos!
- Many in Ottawa agree with unlimited vacation time in the workplace
Such a great idea. All companies should implement, lol.
- Apple iPhone 5 – the complete rumour collection
I am not sure if I like how wide the screen is! But whatever, woot woot iPhone5!
- Games Arrive on Google+
I still haven’t been using Google+ all that much, will this help?! Probably not since I don’t play any of the games on Facebook either, lol.
- 911 Will Soon Accept Texts, Videos, Photos
A sign of the times. Pretty sweet addition I’d say!
- Anonymous Vows to Topple Facebook, But Is It a Hoax?
I wonder what will happen on November 5!
- Rebecca Black left school because of bullying
Bullying = Bad. But I am not surprised over this.
- Giant fossil shows huge birds lived among dinosaurs
- Solar unrest culminates in violent eruption on the Sun
- British student has tongue lengthened to speak Korean
Would you go that far to master another language?! LOL, weird.
- London Riots: A Blast From The Past Or A Glimpse Of The Future?
Riot after riot after riot…
- The Situation: I Want A Career Like Leonardo DiCaprio, The Rock
Lol, not going to happen.
- The Onion is Testing a Paywall
- [Video]: Dollar Drink Days – Alberta
Cool video! :) That’s a lot of loonies!
- Shopper Receipts Join Paperless Age
Let everything go digital!
- ‘Fluke’ wind gust collapses stage at US state fair, killing 5; investigations begin
Outdoor stage concerts really don’t seem to be very safe…
- 16 shot, including 7 dead, in Detroit in 24 hours
Kind of puts Edmonton’s alarming homicide numbers in perspective though.
- Marriage proposal gone wrong: Ring falls off cliff
“As he handed her the ring, A. said “I can’t believe it” and jumped in excitement, hitting M. with her elbow – knocking the ring out of his hand. The ring, in turn, flew in the air, right over the edge of the cliff.” lol aw, so sad!
- [Photo]: Astronaut photographs Perseid Meteor from Space
Very cool shot with Earth in the background…
- Groupon Posts $103 Million Loss in Last 3 Months
Bad news on the deal sites front?
- Smuggled Dogs Rescued From Slaughter By Thai Authorities
Devastating… disgusting – people need to not do this to animals and dogs are NOT SOMETHING TO BE EATEN!
- Why are U.S. children becoming less creative?
I used to be suuuuuch a creative child :) I hope/think I am still creative but it’s hard to bust out creativity if someone just asks you to be creative, ya know?
- Hollywood Actor Zach Galifianakis spotted at the Edmonton Fringe
Very cool! Apparently his girlfriend is from the Edmonton area? I just thought he was really into theatre/acting! lol
- Global Edmonton Fringe EyeCam
Checked out the Global Fringe EyeCam yet? So surprised sometimes at how many people there at at the Fringe!!! That place is packed!
- Blood test can reveal baby’s gender at 7 weeks
Wow 7 weeks is EARLY! I am someone who would want to know the gender :)
- [Video]: Meet Kittywood Studios: Cat Videos Production Company
SO AWESOME!! Heeheehe.
- Today’s Big Thing: “Jersey Girls DON’T Pump Gas”
Oh my god, idiots.
- [Photos]: Gavin Mackey’s Pokemon Redesigns Will Haunt Your Nightmares
Provocative Thor!!!!!! Hehehe.