Here’s a bit about who I am and what I do:
- I am a Digital Strategist (social media strategist) at Edmonton communications agency Calder Bateman
- I am a freelance social media consultant/speaker (email me for rates/inquiries!)
- I am an Edmonton food, lifestyle, travel, and pets blogger (email me to inquire about blog partnerships/sponsorships!)
- I am the founder of the Edmonton International Cat Festival, the first festival of its kind in Canada
- I appear regularly as a guest panelist on the pop culture panel of Alberta Primetime, a news and current affairs show on CTV2, which broadcasts across Alberta and is also available across the country via satellite
- I do a social media strategy podcast called Don’t Call Me a Guru with @tylerjackbutler
- I am a multi-platform storyteller & freelance journalist
- I am a wife and mother to four fur children – my two cats Thor and Loki and two dogs Olive and Artie!
- I LOVE social media! Not only do I do it for a living, but it’s always been my personal hobby.
- My social media expertise includes planning and developing social media strategies for clients, helping execute plans and campaigns, providing social media management or consultations on social media approach. I offer social media training both beginner, advanced, and always customized for your needs! I do website strategy and development work (site/content mapping and user experience), social media marketing (paid advertising), along with blogging and influencer marketing. I also am self-taught in web and graphic design, and have experience shooting and editing videos.
- My blog focuses have varied over the years but primarily I focus on food, pets, travel/events and lifestyle topics. I love to explore my community.
- For the Edmonton International Cat Festival, I plan and execute a one-of-a-kind festival celebrating cats and cat culture, bringing together cat lovers, while raising money and awareness for non-profit animal shelters and cat rescue organizations which work to improve the welfare of homeless cats! In 3 years, we’ve raised $60,000 for local rescues. Our last event saw nearly 3,000 attendees
Even more background:
- My formal education is in news/media (print and broadcast) but my personal passions for social media led me to doing it for a living! I graduated from the Journalism program at MacEwan University and Television Broadcasting from NAIT.
- I have written, reported, video edited, and produced for a number of news organizations in Edmonton, including the Edmonton Sun, the Edmonton Journal, Metro Edmonton, Global Edmonton, and CTV Edmonton.
- Before Calder Bateman, I worked for three years as the Digital Communications Specialist (social media strategist) for NAIT (the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology), building out their online brand and social networks, running a number of social media campaigns for various internal clients, offering social media training to hundreds of staff and helping advise and develop social media strategy for a number of the schools. I’m proud to say my work in social media at NAIT has won numerous awards.
- I was also a web reporter for CTV, writing news stories for the web and managing/posting to CTV’s social media channels. I also worked to create a more social culture within the newsroom.
- I am self-taught when it comes to social media, web design, graphic design, and generally most computer tools or online platforms. I am very versatile and learn quickly!
- Through the Edmonton International Cat Festival, I’ve acquired skills in event planning from the ground up! It’s been an amazing experience working with local cat rescue organizations too.
- I was a top student, graduating with honours and distinction in Journalism, as well as TV Broadcasting, with an overall 3.9 GPA! I’m a proud nerd (hence the nickname: lin”dork”!)
- I have grown my online presence and personal brand over the years, and currently have 12,000+ Twitter followers and 6,000+ Instagram followers. I love using social media to interact and engage with like-minded and interesting people both locally and around the globe and I love the different opportunities and relationships social media leads to!
Follow me on social media!
I try to be consistent with my blog but you’ll find much more recent updates, mini food reviews, food porn/inspiration, social media links/tips, etc., by following me on social media:
Contact me at email@example.com!